Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sugar and Spice

About a year ago, Will asked Sage if she was his buddy. Cole, sitting right there chimes in and says, "I am your buddy. Sage is your angel!" William quickly agreed. Fast forward about a year. I was changing McKelle's diaper and Sage was sitting next to me. I was talking to McKelle and said, "Hi sweetie!" Sage jumps in and says, "I am sweetie, she is your angel!" Of course I agreed. Then I asked Sage if she was my angel too. She said yes, and Cole is too. She then leans down, kisses McKelle and whispers, "hi sweet hear".

I later go into the living room where McKelle has pulled herself up on so she is standing next to the couch. She is trying to reach something. I go into the kitchen to start lunch. I hear a little squeal, look through the window and see Sage trying to knock her off balance. Of course I jump onto Sage. She starts to cry. Cole tells her not to knock McKelle over. She cries harder and runs to me. I hug her, explain that she can't do that, put her back down and continue with lunch. Soon McKelle is crying and Cole is yelling at Sage not to knock McKelle down! I swear there has to be an angel and devil on each of Sage's shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment