Friday, June 25, 2010

Old McDonald Had a Farm

We were in the grocery store. I was looking at something I didn't really need but thinking about getting. I hear Cole whisper, "Mom, look! It's Old McDonald!" I look up and this man, in a wicker brim hat and overalls, is walking down the isle toward us. I smile at Cole and say it is. Cole keeps watching him but doesn't say anything else. As the man gets really close Cole says, with a big smile, "Hey Old McDonald! How are you?" The man just looks at him. So he says it again. The man still just looks at him. It has now become kind of awkward so I turn around and leave the isle.

We went to the Signal Mtn. ward because Will had to be there. We were on the front row and my kids were being amazingly great. One speaker was up there and was talking in a quiet voice with her arms folded. Because of this, Cole folded his arms, bowed his head, and waited for the prayer to finish. I kept telling him it wasn't a prayer but he would just hush me. So for the next 5 minutes, he sat there in proper prayer form. He then decided he was sick of it and asked me when the prayer would end, I told him it wasn't a prayer. He then turned around to look at all the people behind him. Sitting right behind me was a man with a long white beard. Cole just lit up. He whispered (very loudly), "hi Santa!" The man was such a trooper, he smiled said hi and asked if he was being a good boy. Cole said yes. The rest of the meeting, Cole kept looking back and the man would smile and one time I think he whispered "ho ho ho". Why couldn't Old McDonald be like that?

It should be taken as a compliment when kids say things like that. I would take it as one anyway. It is someone everyone loves.

1 comment:

  1. I would have been annoyed at the man in the grocery store. I am glad Santa was nice!

    ReplyDelete